DIY - Construction Vehicles themed birthday decoration for boys !
My toddler is obsessed with construction vehicles, trucks and cars. And so are most of the little boys I have seen.
And so, it only seemed right to plan a construction vehicle themed birthday party for him.
I always planned to do the decoration myself and had all the preparations ready. But when the cake artist cancelled the cake last minute due to Covid symptoms, I decided to do the cake decorations myself as well. And it turned out pretty well!
First, the balloon decorations. I ordered this kit from Amazon. It looked amazing and we created a small balloon garland to complete the decorations.
Balloon decoration kit - Construction
The truck balloons looked beautiful.
We also put some truck stickers to go with it. Here is the amazon link for the stickers.
Construction trucks wall stickers
Next was the table decorations. I ordered the below kit from Amazon. It came with the table cover as well as cute cutlery. There were balloons and Happy Birthday Signs as well. But, I used the ones from the other kit I had ordered.
Construction Party Supplies Set
It also came with construction signs for food and gifts area.
I used the toy dump truck to put some chips in the food area.
Next one was the trickiest part - the birthday cake. I have made some fondant decorations earlier at home. So, I went ahead and following the below YouTube tutorials, constructed a 3D excavator figure and a 2D dump truck. I baked the cake at home but ordered another one from a bakery as well :-)
I made all cake decorations with fondant. The I used the alphabet cutter to cut out the Name alphabets from fondant.
Here is the cake from the bakery ( the blue one).
Finally, we placed the toy trucks between the decorations to complete the look.
We were pleased with the way the decorations turned out. Did you like the decorations?
We would love to see your comments below. Also, please share your own ideas for the decorations!
I am always so excited for all these family events. Already looking forward to the next one!


Comments
Post a Comment